Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Twelve Days of Christmas, SCRWD style! (Kori)

Well, here it is December and almost the end of 2012, one of the craziest years of our lives.  Most years I attempt to write a witty holiday card, instead of a depressing or boring letter to update people on what has been going on  the SCRWD family that year.  Well, this year has been a bit good, a bit bad, and a bit ugly, but I am trying not to be "bah humbug"....so in the spirit of Christmas here is our families twelve days of Christmas song! 

"On the twelfth day of Christmas, my family game to me: 12 amazing people, 11 celebrations, 10 strange & silly things, 9 big cheers for the Bears, 8 play dates with cousins, 7 days not working, 6 Halloween costumes, 5 shaved heads, 4 remodeled bathrooms, 3 teen drivers, 2 life flights, and a wrecked Beamer in the driveway."

12 Amazing people:  well it is actually way more than 12.  Our families have been amazing this year.  The community has been amazing this year.  Complete strangers have been amazing this year.We have a renewed faith in mankind because of this year.  People from all over helped out our family this year.   There is not enough space in this blog to list every amazing person. You all know who you are, give yourself a pat on the back for being simply amazing!  Huge Thank Yous go out to: My family both the Reed's (Gary, Carol, the Jamison family and the Seidlitz family)  and the Curry's (Dave, Eva, Dave's siblings and families) our extended family close by and far away, and friends.  Thank you Lindenberg family, Bos and Burcham families, Danette,  Kathy Harkin and family,  all my parents amazing friends (Flanigans, Fraccihollas, and many more), Monkee See Monkee Do, Helping Hands, HRDC, CHP and so many more.  THANK YOU to all!!!

Making Christmas happen, Thank you Cindy and mom.


The tree will fit... Nicole Thank you.

Angie bringing Christmas cheer to the kids...thank you.

Grandma helping with homework.  Thank you.

THANKS!




11 Celebrations:  D graduated high school, we had a big surprise party for my Dad, the tooth fairy visited many times, D became an Eagle scout, family reunion in Butte, Dave's brother got married, D turned 18, W turned 16, w turned 15, S turned 13, R turned 7 and C turned 6!

Class of 2012!

1 of 2 this year.

C got to be a flower girl at Uncle Chris and Aunt Kim's wedding.

2 of 4 teeth lost this year for C.

Mr Eagle Scout.

Me and my Godmother celebrating in March.

Party time!
Wedding  fun.
Curry Clan.
All a year older...
You can never have TOO much fun!

SURPRISE DAD, you rock!


10 Strange & Silly things:  


You just gotta laugh, Silly us.

Anyone who knows me, knows long nails are strange on me.

No antelope or deer hunting in this house this year....STRANGE.

PICC lines....strange, but amazing.

Dave grew a mustache, strangely sexy.

That's my name...strange.

Silly boys, your dad is still stronger.

Silly pumpkin carving!

Dave learned to sleep in strange ways.

Who knew syringes came in so many silly sizes.

9 Big cheers for the Bears: We still love our football.  It is a nice distraction from the everyday life.  We enjoyed listening and cheering on the MSU Bobcats this year and are still cheering for the Chicago Bears, despite some Green Bay voices in the house... 

S and Dave...GO BEARS!!!  (Brian Urlacher rocks)

Toothless GO Bears.
Go Bobcats!!
8 Play dates with cousins:  This year the kids got to spend lots of extra time with their cousins.  Numerous sleep overs and just plain ol fun.  Thank you Angie and Nicole for making things still semi normal for the kiddos throughout this year.

DQ ice cream with cousins!

Back yard fun.

Smiles all around.

Floor time fun...LOL.

7 Days not working:  I had to take a medical leave this year from teaching.  I am on the road to recovery...it is SLOW...but I have spent some good quality time with my family.  I am starting to miss my Head Start co workers though.

My amazing teaching team.


Who wouldn't love this job?  5 a day is how many fruits and veggies you need a day.
6 Halloween costumes:  It was going to be a simple Halloween this year, S, C, & R ended up with 2 costumes each.

Audrey Hepburn

Cowboy for school parade.

Brett Farve.


Pirate princess for school.

Her own creation:  Jack O Lantern princess.

A 50's gal.
5 Shaved heads:  Yep, Dave and I had the same hair cut this year.  D, R and even my nephew got in on the fun.  I must say saving your head is a very freeing experience.  It is not a style I will likely have again, but it was easy to take care of.

1..2..3..4..

5!! 
4 Remodeled bathrooms:  In February this year, we started remodeling the first of 4 outdated bathrooms in our house.  This project did get put on hold for awhile, but not completely.  Dave has done a great job working on the house in between all his other responsibilities.  The kids bathroom downstairs is the first completed room!  Soon they all will be finished.


3 Teen drivers:  Yes....Congrats to w, he got his driver's license this year and a car.  W has a green truck and D still has his red truck.  They are working hard to pay for gas! They are all very responsible drivers despite their silliness.

Yep, these boys are on the road...watch out.

2 Life flights:  Well, now how many people can say they have been life flighted somewhere and lived to tell about it?  I am one of the lucky ones and I got the opportunity to fly on a helicopter and a fixed wing.  I must say, I do not recall the helicopter flight from Bozeman to Billings but even though I was doped up, I was awake for the fixed wing flight from Billings to Denver and glad to have Dave on the plane with me.  I am very thankful this year for the quick response teams and the great health care I have received.  It was hard to watch the Summit helicopter fly over Bozeman for awhile, but now I am just thankful that we have this service in Bozeman and hope they continue saving lives.  It brings tears to my eyes when the kids are outside and it speeds over the house and they yell "Thanks for saving my mom" and wave to the sky.

Flight # 1

Flight #2

and a Wrecked Beamer in the driveway:  Deer and cars do not mix.  No one was hurt and now we own a red Volkswagen Jetta and I still am feeding the deer in the back yard.

Bye Bye BMW... :(


He is lucky it isn't hunting season....

The deer eating pumpkins.

A moose joined the deer one day in the yard.
Overall, 2102 has been good.  I am glad to say we survived it but we are looking for a better 2013.  I hope everyone has a great holiday!  Merry Christmas to all...

Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment