Monday, September 10, 2012

Things not missed and few things missed... (kori)

Last weekend (labor day weekend 2012) was our annual Curry Retreat!  This tradition started a few years ago and I hope it will continue for many generations. 

Fairmont,Montana Hot Springs Resort

On the board of events!!

So the point of the retreat is to spend time together as a family and learn about each other. We have been traveling around to different hot springs in Montana and Idaho so far and we alternate years of taking the younger children and having adult only trips. This has proven to be very beneficial for everyone. This year the focus of the retreat was goal setting. Everyone in the family spent time setting a specific goal to work on for the next year. The great thing is we have each other now to help make sure we all follow through with our goals. The family support aspect is great. I was very impressed to see my kiddos set some very promising goals. W, w, and S all made a positive goals for the next school year. I look forward to the next year and being able to help them with their goals. Not just my kids, but also the whole family.

Brother and Dad Curry

Enjoying the morning watching the kids play mini golf.
The new and official Mr and Mrs Curry!!!!!
Sister Curry and nephews.
.
Momma Curry

After the seriousness of goal setting the fun gets to happen.  We get to go swimming, play golf, go mini golfing, go to the petting zoo, play basketlball, go to the park, play board games, play poker, eat snacks and have some good conversation and laughs.
 









 
Well, I am so glad I made this trip to Fairmont. It was a nice time to relax and even though I couldn't do everything, it was great to watch the kids have fun and smile!!!!  I am glad I didn't miss it.  One weekend later and look at where I am:



 
Pretty soon I am going to forget what my king size bed looks like.  So, here I am in Billings Clinic Hospital.  Was admitted for a bunch of tests.  Starting from scratch to see why things are progressing as Doctors think they should.  I have meet a new team of amazing doctors and each one has an interest in my case.  Being back in the hospital over in Billings has brought back some emotions from the original time I was here.  Some relief, yet some scariness still.  It is hard to believe that we are still here.  I hate leaving the kids at the beginning of  a new school year, even though I know they are always in good hands, it is really hard to be mom from a hospital bed.  I feel like we have gotten some good answers this trip and are on the right path again, it is just a very long and slow path, that is not without speed bumps still. 
So, I didn't miss out on Fairmont but I did miss out on D's Eagle Scout Ceremony and my family's garage sale.  I am so proud of D!!  He worked so hard on his Eagle Scout project and Head Start children in Bozeman will benefit from his hard work.  CONGRATS STEVE!  You rock and I owe you brownies!!




 
 THANK YOU to ANGIE, NICOLE, MOM, DENISE for making sure there were enough treats for everyone at the ceremony.  What would I do without all of you....I would be lost.
 
And my  last little thank you goes out to the 4 most amazing little lemonaid sellers I know....I heard they were just awesome at the garage sale.  I was so sad to miss it. I was really hoping to win the contest of selling the ugliest item for the most money....
 
Thank you to everyone who stopped by the garage sale.  To everyone who helped out.  I have an amazing family.  Thank you to anyone who made a donation.  You are forever appreciat.ed
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment